Friday, June 09, 2006

Because Baseball Cards, Comic Books and Pogs Are Passe

I've joked about this sort of thing for years. Collecting STDs like beanie babies (and not the stuffed STDs, the real ones). The whole idea of going around and collecting different venerial diseases because its something to do is just something that feels like it needs to be done. The beautiful part about it is that no one looses anything in aquiring new diseases, everyone just gets one VD (or more) richer with each transaction.

It was only supposed to be a joke. I'm honestly a little surprised that it's a reality. See for yourselves. **Edit: The board is down. If a new link comes up, I'll update the link** Apparently the hottest property is AIDS and everyone either wants to be full blown, or is looking for another disease to help them on their way to becoming full blown. Even if the board is a joke, the seed of false legitimacy will eventually grow into something serious.

I think I'll wait until I'm 80 to start my collection. You know; while I'm making my rounds at the retirement community.

No comments: